lipgloss*suicide

A very UN-glossy look at popular culture... and whatever else takes my fancy.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Quick Note...

It's late and I need to go to bed, but I just had to post a quick note after a browse around some blogs....

I'm very new to the blogosphere, but there seems to be quite a war waging between radical feminists and 'anti-censorship' feminists. I have seen comments made that state, in no uncertain terms, that anyone who opposes censorship is 'not a feminist' and will not be allowed into discussion with the 'real' feminists.

I am not positioned firmly on either side of the fence. I am interested in discussion, deabte and hearing what each side has to say. However, if there is one thing that I am definately AGAINST, then it is those who refuse to discuss issues and hear other people's opinions. I am against fundamentalists of all kinds. I am against anyone who will not listen to those whose viewpoints fall outside of their idea of what 'feminism' is and how a 'feminist' thinks, feels and behaves.

If I ever find myself refusing to listen to someone because their viewpoint does not fit into my construction of 'feminism' then I shall be very disapointed with myself, to say the least.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Phemisaurus Terribilis said…

    Woohey! I can say anything I like on this blog and you have to listen to me!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jess-Gloss said…

    I was about to reply 'Yes, say anyhting' until I read the comment above you. So on second thoughts, there's some things I'm not too bothered about hearing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home