lipgloss*suicide

A very UN-glossy look at popular culture... and whatever else takes my fancy.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another day on the metaphorical treadmill

Jesus Christ, my last three years of hibernation away in studentland have left me spectacularly unprepared for just how fucking boring and monotonous and utterly zombifying office work is. Where has all my time suddenly gone? How do my evenings manage to fly by so ridiulously fast now?! The only plus side (apart from earning some £££, of course) is that the spare time which I do have I seem to be spending much more productively now. And I guess it's kind of pleasant to be in some kind of routine, I guess....

In one of my now-crammed-full-of-activities-because-I-no-longer-have-much-spare-time-so-can't-be-lazy-and-put-them-off-til-later evenings I trootted down to cineworld to watch Volver. For those who haven't seen it, it's a film by Almodovar (one of my favourite directors in the world, ever) chronicling the relationships between three generations of women in one family. I know that I doesn't give it the best sell, but you should all go see it because it's tremendously witty, quirky, clever and original. It's also wonderful to watch a really touching story about female unity and strength rather than seeing women portrayed on-screen as competitive, catty and unable to function harmoniously with one another.

In other news, I also have an article being published soon *fingers crossed* on The F Word... yay me! So watch this space...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home